Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
This vegan sweet potato soup is delicious.
Creamy, sweet, and a family favorite.
- 2 TBS soy-free vegan butter (click to see our favorite)
- 1/2 organic onion
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 2 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 TBS organic ground ginger
- 3 organic sweet potatoes (we used organic purple sweet potatoes!)
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 TSP organic dried thyme
- 32 oz box of organic vegetable broth
- 1 TBS organic maple syrup
- 3/4 C organic coconut milk
- Chop onion, celery, and sweet potatoes
- Sautee onion and celery in butter for a few minutes then add the garlic for about a minute or so
- Add everything else and boil it for about 20 minutes. I left the lid on letting it reach boiling on high until it bubbled. Then I turned it down to medium for the 20 minutes.
- Turn soup down to low.
- Grab an oven glove and use your immersion blender on low to avoid splattering. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve! We liked ours with bread and vegan butter or organic croutons.
Vegan in our Synthetic-Free Efforts
Since going synthetic free in 2016, everything has changed.
It took me nine long months of vigorous research and calling companies to dig all the way down to the soil involved in what everyone was calling “natural,” to find out there was only one company I could trust.
After ditching all of our old, synthetic and pesticide-ridden products around the house, it was time to look into our food.
I figured we were eating great because everything I bought was organic.
That was already a big switch financially, so what more could we do?
Then I began learning about the hormones and endotoxins found within our organic meat and was ready to learn more about vegan eating.
Making the Switch
What really pushed me over the edge to make the switch was the documentary The Game Changers.
This was where I learned all about the power of plants within food.
They’re powerful enough to fuel the animals where we got meat and dairy.
Plants had been washing our bodies. Brushing our teeth. Keeping our Husky, Hattie healthier than she’d ever been.
Maybe there was something to this whole vegan thing.
Easier Than I Thought
Not only do we save money at the grocery, but the kids are also eating meals easier than they did when we were meat eaters.
I have also noticed a huge change in my son’s behavior, who is dealing with Pre-Adrenarche from losing one of his adrenal glands as an infant when he beat childhood cancer. With meat and dairy (aka extra hormones) he would have random fits that came out of nowhere. Without it, he’s been much more level-headed and calm.
The meals, as you saw in this recipe, are quick and simple.
They’re also super sustaining.
I find myself feeling a ton better and less sluggish.
We’re also not as hungry as often as we were when eating meat and packing way too much protein into our bodies.
Synthetic and Pesticide-Free Supplements
The only option is Young Living.
This is how we supplement our bodies , just like any other type of eating.
Thankfully, we get to save a ton on supplements and know we’re getting better-than-organic quality.
Going vegan has been an overall great switch, and we are forever grateful for the power of plants in every aspect of our life!