Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
This vegan sweet potato soup is delicious.
It’s also delicious if you really love meat, too.
Creamy, sweet, and a family favorite.
- 2 TBS of your version of butter (check lables–is it soy? Is it sprayed with pesticides?)
- 1/2 organic onion
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 2 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 TBS organic ground ginger
- 3 organic sweet potatoes (we used organic purple sweet potatoes!)
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 TSP organic dried thyme
- 32 oz box of organic vegetable broth
- 1 TBS organic maple syrup
- 3/4 C organic milk of choice (again-labels!)
- Chop onion, celery, and sweet potatoes
- Sautee onion and celery in butter for a few minutes then add the garlic for about a minute or so
- Add everything else and boil it for about 20 minutes. I left the lid on letting it reach boiling on high until it bubbled. Then I turned it down to medium for the 20 minutes.
- Turn soup down to low.
- Grab an oven glove and use your immersion blender on low to avoid splattering. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve! We liked ours with bread and butter or organic croutons.
Vegan in our Synthetic-Free Efforts
Since going synthetic free in 2016, everything has changed.
It took me nine long months of vigorous research and calling companies to dig all the way down to the soil involved in what everyone was calling “natural,” to find out there was only one company I could trust.
After ditching all of our old, synthetic and pesticide-ridden products around the house, it was time to look into our food.
I figured we were eating great because everything I bought was organic.
That was already a big switch financially, so what more could we do?
Be careful when choosing vegan, friends.
While it’s not for everyone, if it is for you and you care about your health, remember this:
Every veggie listed in those “meat free meats” are sprayed with killer pesticides unless there’s an organic label in front of every single one.
Depending on an organic label on the front is no longer enough.
I mean, I hate to be so “trust no one,” but…trust no one.
Synthetic and Pesticide-Free Supplements
The only option is Young Living.
This is how we supplement our bodies , just like any other type of eating.
Thankfully, we get to save a ton on supplements and know we’re getting better-than-organic quality.
We are grateful for the power of plants in every aspect of our life!