The best part about adding Young Living to our life is how simplified everything became.
(If you haven’t gotten started with your toxin-free kit of goodness yet and the beautiful discount at 24%, click here: Young Living Starter Kit )
- rearranging schedules to get one kid to the doc just to turn around three days later and do the same for the next one
- closet full of harmful chemicals
- medicine cabinet
It’s a sweet, simple life.
But how do you get from where you are to this chill space?
In the beginning I thought the toxin-free life would just come to me. It did, but it could’ve been so much easier had I invested a tiny bit of time planning how to get there.
What this post will serve as is a plan, so you don’t have to wait around for clean living.
All you have to do is make a few clicks.
Essential Rewards is a monthly wellness box except you get to choose what goes inside.
(If you don’t know what Essential Rewards is or how it works, read this first then come back: Ins and Outs of the Essential Rewards program with Young Living)
If you are strategic with your monthly choices, you can dilute the concentrated Young Living versions of what you need at the house, save money, and save yourself lots of time at the grocery!
Simplified grocery shopping? YES!
The Average American home spends $100-$300 on household products, personal care products, and supplements.
This isn’t even adding in what we buy in over-the-counter or at the pharmacy.
There are two things you have to remember when you set your budget for your Essential Rewards box each month:
- You’re REPLACEMENT shopping, not adding on.
- You’ll get free stuff at $100, $190, $250, and $300 .
Simplified budget? YES!
(Your TRUE month one will be your Premium Starter Kit if you sign up for the program when you get your kit. You’ll get $10.00 back in Rewards and a free product. Take this into consideration when you see how many points you have at the end of each month).
Month 2: Clean This House!!
- Foaming Hand Soap Refill (get stainless foam pumps here: Stainless Steel Foam Pumps)
- Household Cleaner (get spray bottles here: Amber Glass Spray Bottles
- Dishwasher Powder (mix 1C vinegar and 10 drops Lemon essential oil together as your rinse aid)
- Dish Soap (leave only 2TBS of this dish soap in the bottle and put the rest in a storage container like this one. Fill the rest with distilled or reverse osmosis water. Yes, it will be watery. YES it cleans SO well!)
You earned $10.15 in rewards points and get a free promotional product!
The total with PSK points is now $20.15. You’ve received around $20 in free product as well at this point.
A Great DIY This Month
While you’re cleaning the house with your new products, you can very easily throw together a tough-working sink scrub with this DIY recipe!
Real Life Looks Like…
When months 1 (Premium Starter Kit) and month 2 Essential Rewards order comes in, grab a box. A big one.
In this box gather the following old, toxic cleaners. LOOK at how you’re saving your family this month! NO.MORE.TOXICITY. IN. YOUR. BLOODSTREAM!!!!
Your box should be full of the following:
- our medicine cabinet only has bandaids in it because we support the body instead of chase symptoms–you can empty yours, too! It’s going to feel weird at first, and I totally won’t judge you if you use it as a security blanket for a while. Don’t worry. You’ll end up clean. I know you can!
- humidifier (aka mold fest) HELLO, diffuser!
- toilet cleaner
- oven cleaner
- multipurpose cleaner
- sink scrub
- bath and shower scrub
- stove top scrub
- floor cleaner
- carpet cleaner
- pet stain remover
- stain sticks
- wrinkle releaser
- car cleaner
- mirror and window cleaner
- wood/furniture polish
- granite cleaner
- television/electronics cleaner
- disinfectant sprays
- fruit and veggie cleaner
- hand soaps
- dish soap
- dishwasher detergent
- rinse aid for dishwasher
Peace out lung, organ, brain, endocrine, and skin killers…hello HEALTH!
[…] use posts like this, your reference guide, or an iTovi scanner (learn more about them here) to create a list of needs […]
[…] Here are some ideas for what to order in your first months on Essential Rewards. […]
[…] best part is that with the Essential Rewards program, we find we’ve saved thousands every year we’ve taken advantage of this new […]
[…] Read this! […]
[…] Subscribe and Save on the Young Living website will give you 24% discount. […]
[…] Subscribe and Save on the Younger Dwelling web site provides you with 24% low cost. […]
[…] can follow a plan like this to slowly ditch and switch your products if it feels overwhelming to […]