This natural liquid toilet bowl cleaner is such a simple solution to the poisonous options on the market.
1/4 C Castile
15 drops Purification
Shake a little, and get to scrubbing!
But…How Do I Know it Cleans As Well as My Toxic Stuff?
First, castile soap is…well…soap. It gets…uh…soapy. So, it’s nice to get the bubbles going to scrub off the ickiness.
But does it kill the germs?
From what I found here, no. That comes from the Thieves Household Cleaner.
According to the Essential Oils Reference Guide, “Thieves Household Cleaner offers a nontoxic, biodegradable, all-purpose cleaning solution using therapeutic-grade essential oils as emulsifiers and germ and fungus killers. Containing Thieves essential oil blend, proven in a 1997 Weber State University study to kill over 99.96% of bacteria, this cleaner is fully biodegradable and complies with EPA standards.”
I mean…how clean is a toilet after the first use beyond the scrub anyway?
However, if you’re looking for a clean for less money, no harm to the environment or you, this is your best solution.
Added Benefits to Health
Did you ever think you’d be told that a cleaner would actually make you healthier as you clean?
Well, friend today’s that day!
Thieves essential oil blend (found in the Thieves Household Cleaner) is amazing for boosting your immune and respiratory systems as well as your overall health.
The Thieves Legend
According to the Life Science Publishing, “It was created from research based on legends about a group of 15th-century thieves who rubbed botanicals on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, the thieves were forced to tell what their secret was and disclosed the formula of the herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for a more lenient punishment.”
Why We Love Thieves Up in Here (up in here)
- Along with a toxin-free lifestyle through Young Living, we haven’t needed antibiotics in years and years!
- It gets rid of our headaches when a drop of the essential oil is pressed onto the roof of our mouths
- We’ve never been healthier
- It doesn’t smell like death when we clean
- Our children can be a part of cleaning
- Our dog (who weirdly licks the floor and windows) is safe (heard about the safety of animals and oils? Yeah, those articles are not about Young Living pesticide, fragrance, and synthetic-free oils. Our Hattie girl is healthy, strong, and kinda sassy- but I don’t think the oils had anything to do with that. There are a couple of oils we don’t apply directly to her, but when you use this link, you’ll have access to all the tips and tricks like that!)
- It cleans REALLY WELL
- It removes mold when we accidentally let the shower get a little too damp…yikes.
- We can prevent illness…if one person in the family gets sick, we no longer all get it!
- It’s gotten rid of strep, flu, and every cold or icky germ we’ve had in this house for years
- Saves us a ton of money each year (For example, we ditched all 14 cleaners in this house for Thieves Household Cleaner).
- We have access to tons of recipes and helpful tips when we get our products through this link.